The interest in online counselling is growing! And that is good to see.
On Saturday June 21st UKCP will host a day long conference on online counselling. This conference will take place in London. Yet as it is about online counselling they are offering a livestream as well. If you can’t come to London, you can follow the conference from your own home.
From the UKCP website:
The Psychotherapy 2.0 conference is a must attend event for all therapists, regardless of much they are currently involved in working online. Our overarching intention through UKCP’s New Media in Psychotherapy Special Interest Group and this conference is to create a community of practice and learning. The conference themes include:
• The development of the psychotherapeutic relationship in an online setting
• What the founding fathers and mothers of psychotherapy have to contribute to this psychotherapeutic setting
• The role transference has within the online relationship
• How this might shift the power in the consulting room
• What works best online and for whom
• The opening of access and opportunities for all generations online
• The training we need
• How social media is affecting all our lives whether in cyberspace or in SW11
For more information on the conference and how to attend please have a look at the event website
Some of the OCTIA tutors will be at the venue in London and will help with the running of the livestream.