Diploma in Online Therapeutic Supervision (CPCAB accredited)
Tutorial team includes: Maria O’Brien / Olivia Djouadi / Suzie Mosson.
This course seeks to provide knowledge of various models of supervision and explore how these can be skilfully used to inform the supervisory process both online and face to face.
Criteria for entry to the course:
- Diploma in Counselling
- General Certificate in Online Counselling or equivalent
- Successful completion of Introduction to E-Counselling Skills, 16hour downloadable course. This can be found under the self-study tab on our website.
- Access to Online Supervisees (OLT may be able to help)
- Online supervisor in place before the start of the course
Diploma dates for 2020
|Dates||Group Meetings (compulsory)||Hand in Date|
|Start Date 9th January 2020 |
Short break Easter
| Weekly||End 24th June
Submission Date 22nd July 2020
Target group: Online counsellors and coaches who wish to provide, or already provide, online supervision for online counsellors
Aims: This course aims to provide training which qualifies Therapeutic Practitioners and to offer online supervision. It will explore models and theories that developed for face-to-face supervision and also identify the differences between f2f and online supervision.
Throughout the course students develop specific models for online supervision based on their own experience, models and theories.
- Model and supervise the professional online framework
- Model and supervise the skilled use of the online relationship
- Model and supervise the use of theory and research on diversity
- Model and supervise a user-centred approach to online work
- Model and supervise the skilled use of the self online
- Model and supervise the coherent use of theory, research and skills in the online context
- Model and supervise the self-reflective online practitioner
During the Diploma, you will receive a weekly email from the course tutor, which gives the tasks for the week, along with other course information. You will register weekly and complete a supervision task on the Campus, as well as contributing to discussion threads.
Mandatory teaching and learning sessions are currently a Friday morning. Please let OLT know if this is not suitable as this is not laid in stone. Where possible start times will be agreed with the group.
You are additionally offered the opportunity to take part in group supervision with a qualified online supervisor. Where possible this will be arranged on a day to suit the majority of participants.
These online sessions take place via a webcam platform.
You will also work with your own online supervisees, and while OLT will support you in finding supervisees, you should try to find your own. You will also need an external online supervisor of supervision. Please check with OLT that the one you choose meets our criteria.
The course is likely to take at least 10 hours per week.
For further information about the Diploma in Online Therapeutic Supervision, please look at the Brief Course Guide by clicking here.
If you have any questions please contact our administrator Jasmine Lamb, by clicking here.
If you would like to enrol for the course please complete an application form.